The next conference will take place 16th – 18th March 2018. The programme is available here. The theme for 2018 is ‘Exploring the Intersections of History and Activism’.
Outing the Past (formerly known as Sexing the Past) is a conference dedicated to examining the subjects and methodologies that are part of LGBT+ history. It attracts delegates involved in academic research related to a wide array of disciplines, political & human rights activism, as well as other voluntary organisations and professional practices.
This year, the programme:
- highlights the legacy of individuals or organisations in affecting or better understanding the lives of LGBT+ individuals
- documents the emergence and development of organisations or movements committed to LGBT+ activism
- provides a historical context for LGBT+ activism in the past or present
- illuminates the ways that activism can influence how we historicize past attitudes to sex and gender
- considers particular possibilities and challenges inherent in historicising LGBT+ activism
This website contains the most current information about the conference. We are also developing our blog. Activists and academics are welcome to approach us about making a contribution.